Services For Education will now be providing the safeguarding subscription for schools in Birmingham.
This is a digital service that all schools and settings can use to develop, support and enhance their own safeguarding expertise and practice.
We have launched the subscription in consultation with BCC, who decided to end their own offer this year. Services For Education is the preferred provider for DSL training for schools and education settings in Birmingham.
The key features are:
- A series of short, practical ‘how to’ video guides. These are practice based issues for DSLs and deputy DSLs on how to fulfil the role e.g. safer working practice, information sharing, solution focused decision making.
- Recorded webinars that can be used for training staff including office staff, whole staff updates, and governing body. There are also training webinars on key issues such as Domestic Abuse and its effects upon children. Some webinars have additional sections on how this topic can be included in the curriculum.
- The training webinars and guides will be presented by our team of Safeguarding advisers and a range of external expert contributors. The training will regularly updated and added to on an ongoing basis.
This subscription is an effective, value-for-money way to support the whole of your safeguarding team. The subscription is for 12 months and is available in 3 options to best meet the size of your school or setting.
Why Join Our SFE Safeguarding Subscription?
- You’ll get access to exclusive safeguarding resources, training and discount coupons, specifically for our safeguarding subscription members.
- The training is applicable to all members of staff, including DSLs, governors, school leaders and your wider team including office staff.
- The subscription provides a variety of unique resources, for example, how some very sensitive subjects can be included within the curriculum. It isn’t just about awareness raising but also about changing practice.
If you sign up now, you will get instant access to 14 of our best resources: 7 Training Webinars providing CPD for you, your staff and governors and 7 Good Practice Guides on how to be an effective DSL. Find out more here.
Throughout the year we will be creating and sharing more and more resources with you.