Join our brand new unique project to keep children singing safely and happily during this pandemic.
Through our brand new, especially created online project for Birmingham’s primary schools with 50 short interactive singing films and lesson plans your children will:
1.Learn new, safe, socially distant singing games and songs to play in the playground. Including highlights of these new songs taught to your children by our team via film on your white board:
- Keep your Distance, a happy, cheeky 3-part song about keeping our distance and washing our hands in school
- How do you say Hello? A lovely song written by using words in English, Polish and Urdu about making the world a better place
- Be not Afeard, a pop fusion song with hints to Elizabethan fairground, jazz and world percussion, inspired by Shakespeare and being fearful that singing is at risk because of the pandemic.
- Going on an Adventure, an adventure song for children
- Quack on, a fun counting song with playful challenges
- Keep your body moving, a keep-fit dance for the playground
- Spinning Around, an upbeat, fast-paced close harmony funky ballad about friendship in hard times inspired by frisbee playing in the playground.
- Simone Rebello teaching children to play egg shaker, cajon and;
- A series of 14 short teaching films with teaching and learning aims of composing in response to Shakespeare’s words
2. Share their own songs and singing games from their own families and traditions
3. Be taught, through teaching films and lesson plans, to create their own brand new songs and singing games inspired by singing each other’s songs, their own languages, making friends, and the Library of Birmingham’s World Class Shakespeare collection (containing materials in 93 languages and a First Folio) and George Dawson’s vision for the city of everything to everybody.
In June 2021 each participating school will be part of an online music film exhibition of children’s newly created and performed songs and singing games, and also a new songbook for Birmingham.
This project is open to all Birmingham primary schools for FREE. It is recommended for KS2 children. Teachers will have access to a comprehensive programme of weekly short interactive singing and teaching films putting our team at the heart of your classroom, as well as the year-long series of lesson plans. Teachers will be supported by 3 zoom meetings throughout the year.
Let’s get the all the city’s playgrounds singing. Find out more about Everything to Everybody here.
Sign up for FREE from 16th November 2020 at www.singingplaygrounds.co.uk
For more information email Hazel@excathedra.co.uk